Friday 31 August 2012

'Twas the night before New Who


After some thought I’ve decided how my reviews of the new series are going to work. I’m going to post as soon after the episode has aired as I possibly can. This initial review will cater for the child in me who is overjoyed at seeing new Doctor Who and will probably end up being polarised at either extreme of enjoyment or annoyance. Then, a few days later, after a re-watch and some time for reflection, I will update that review with a more considered opinion, in the same style as my Masterpiece Theatre pieces. The initial post will remain because I think it’s valuable for me to see just how my views have changed after my inevitable over-excitement or intense disappointment.

So we’ll start tomorrow with Asylum of the Daleks. The story sounds good and it looks good, and I’ve managed (I think) to avoid any sniff of a spoiler. But more importantly it signals the return of Doctor Who to our screens. He’s been away too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment