Saturday 18 August 2012

The Mighty Ten


Ten stories in, I thought it might be worthwhile to look at how I would place the adventures I have watched so far, to create a personal Mighty 200, if you like.

So, in reverse order, from worst to best, here are the stories covered to this point with links in case you want to visit the relevant post:













I realise it’s a subjective list, but the main thought that springs to mind is that, apart from Arc of Infinity and Dragonfire, and the early parts of The Space Pirates, I have vastly enjoyed everything I have watched. Even Arc and Dragonfire contain moments of quality, even if the overall impressions of them are poor. It’s good that I have been forced to re-evaluate Colin Baker, and even better that writing this Blog has meant that I have watched stories that I would otherwise have avoided and actually loved a couple of them. It has reaffirmed my faith in Doctor Who, if there was ever any doubt about that anyway, because I have seen so many good things even in those stories that have been judged as weakest.

The next ten in no particular order will be The Long Game, Four to Doomsday, The Invisible Enemy, The Chase, The Invasion of Time, The Krotons, The Monster of Peladon, Terminus and the twin evils of Time and the Rani and Meglos. After that, we’ll see if I’m still standing after the last two on that list...



I will also be reviewing the upcoming episodes in the same style, mainly because I am now getting very excited about the return of the best programme on TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment