Tuesday 10 April 2012

OTT: Colonel Archer


OTT

Number Two: Colonel Archer



OK, being exterminated by a Dalek hurts. I get that. Having every single one of my cells disrupted by a laser is not high on my list of ways I would like to die. Mind you, that list is quite short, consisting solely of the word 'Never'.
The Dalek that kills Colonel Archer in Resurrection of the Daleks must have had a black-market gunstick enhancement designed to cause more pain. It’s the only way to explain why Archer twists and contorts like his interpretation of a geography teacher attempting Madonna’s Vogue. Whatever his intention, he successfully redefines the boundaries of experimental dance. I quite like the soldier who appears to die by slipping on a banana skin too.



However, you have to hand it to actor Del Henney. In a story with a huge death toll, his end is the most entertaining and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment